Become a role model to girls in
junior and senior high school;
sign-up at the bottom of this page!
- The WinSETT Centre is a catalyst for the recruitment, retention and advancement of women in SETT fields. The Centre achieves its mission by developing and disseminating through collaboration and partnerships, the tools and expertise useful to women, industry, government, unions, educational institutions, and women in SETT organizations. Click here for the full list of workshops offered.
- WinSETT Workshops held or sponsored by WISEatlantic:
- Difficult Conversations, Mount Saint Vincent University (November 2016)
- Effective Communication, Dalhousie Agricultural Campus (February 2016)
- Negotiating for Success, Halifax Series, MSVU (January 2016)
- Effective Communications, Halifax Series, MSVU (November 2015)
- Becoming Leaders, Halifax Series, MSVU (October 2015)
- Negotiating for Success, Dalhousie University (April 2015)
- Effective Communications, Halifax (May 2014)
- Negotiating for Success, Halifax (October 2013
- Becoming Leaders, Halifax (May 2012)
|Links of Interest:|
Hiring intervention increases female STEM hires - Link here
The Institute of Corporate Directors and Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP have created a complimentary Board Diversity Policy template designed to help companies meet gender diversity disclosure requirements and to provide a tool for boards to begin or further their process of diversification.
Scientists must work harder on equality - Link here
Read this Stanford University article on the Top Issues and Solutions for Women Faculty in Science and Engineering.
Take the gender-science test! Are you unconsciously biased?
Writing reference letters for women in STEM fields? Check to see if your letter is gender biased using this gender-bias calculator. Also, some tips to use when writing reference letters
- A Report has just been released by MITACS on Candadian Postdoctoral Scholars. Click here for the executive summary.
|Role Model Sign-Up|
Sign up as a Role Model below, please indicate what sort of activities you would like to get involved in. Activities will be organized in advance with you according to your schedule.
We are interested in expanding our reach to all the Atlantic provinces.
Thank you to all of the role models who have offered their time and professional expertise to assisted with WISEatlantic events.