|Summer Camp Resources
- Cyber Girlz Camp - Is a week long camp for girls in grades 7, 8 & 9. Girls will explore the fun and exciting world of internet security through a variety of hands-on activities!
- Huntsman Marine - This webpage is a link for the Huntsman Marine Ocean Science Centre located in St. Andrew’s New Brunswick. The Centre focuses on the ocean and what people can do to protect it, and offer summer camps and programs for youth.
- Worlds UNBound - This webpage is a direct link to the University of New Brunswick’s engineering and science summer day camp program. The camp is open to all youth and runs for seven weeks from July-August. This camp is set up as a day camp. Week four of this camp is designed exclusively for girls
- Fluvarium - This is a summer nature day camp that takes place in St.John’s Newfoundland at the Suncor Energy Fluvarium.
- P.O.W.E.R - Explore the world of engineering and STEM through the Discovery Centre's program, exculsively for girls entering Grades 8, 9 and 10.
- EXPLORE Dalhousie Engineering Design Camp is for girls in grades 11 & 12. This is a two week camp in which girls will learn to design and build using the latest technology such as 3D printing and Lego Mindstorm Robots. Registration form can be found here.
- Bricks4Kids - These camps take place at the Canada Games Centre in Halifax. There are several camps offerened in different age ranges, from 5+ to 7+. These camps let kids use building blocks, motors, and remote controls to explore basic principles of engineering, architecture, science, and mechanics.
- Artech Camps - These camps take place at the Shambala School of Halifax. and can include video game design and adventures in technology and art, including robotics. Current details can be found in the link above.
- Dalhousie University: Mini University program. This program run through the month of July and August and is designed for children ages 8-16. During the program the child can explore a university lab while playing a sport in the afternoon. It is designed so younger students can get a feel of what university fells like!
- Mad Science Maritimes science camps. The camps are for students ages 5-12, and run in Halifax Nova Scotia. Some of the camps featured this summer are “Rockin Rockets” and studying constellations. For more information, registration and prices click on the link above.
- Robotic Camps at Acadia - Check out this webpage for a robotics boot camp held at Acadia University. Keep checking the webpage for dates and times as they may change.
- St. Francis Xavier University has a very active science Outreach program where representatives visit large number of schools during May and June, and then hold summer camps on campus and at various more rural locations around the northeast of Nova Scotia.
- Maritime Mammal Summer camp - a unique 10-day overnight camp that offers young people a hands-on introduction to the exciting world of marine mammal conservation and research.
- SuperNOVA - This webpage is the main place for students and parents to gather all they need to know about Dalhousie Universities SuperNova program. SuperNova runs a day camp over the summer for students with camps designed to cover a wide range of science activities.
Prince Edward Island
- Red Sand and Shore - This is a webpage were information can be found for Geocaching in Prince Edwards Island. Although this is not only for students, it is a fun activity that the whole family can if they are from P.E.I of visiting in the summer.
- Shad Valley is a four week summer enrichment program. Students spend a month living in residence at one of our host university campuses across Canada. The program is offered to students currently completing grade 10, 11 or 12, Quebec secondaire IV, V or CEGEP I, or the international equivalent.