|Role Model Resources
- CCWESTT (the Canadian Coalition of Women in Engineering, Science, Trades and Technology)This webpage has many links for professionals and role models.
- WinSETT - This webpage is designed to help women gain information in science, trades, technology. The information is specifically related to CCWESTT (The Canadian Coalition of Women in Engineering, Science, Trades and Technology) and WinSETT (Women in Science, Engineering, Trades and Technology), two organizations that focus on furthering women careers in all the above fields.
- Canadian Women in Technology (CanWIT) Atlantic Chapter was launched in the spring of 2011 and was formed to support women with Chapter executives based in the four Atlantic provinces. CanWIT’s focus on mentoring, networking, professional development and advocacy.
- Equity Challenge Unit works to further support equity and diversity in higher education institutions in the UK.
- This website allows CANWIT professionals to connect with women in technology professionals through mentorships. It also has links to events and other useful information for professionals just starting their careers.
- Engineers Canada - This webpage is designed for engineers in Canada. Although the site has different elements there is a specific place on the site designed to support women in engineering.
- Engineers Canada created resources for engineers regarding diversity and welcomnig workplaces. To access the pamphlet on diversity click here. To access the pamphlet on welcoming workplaces click here
- The Hypatia Association represents gender equality in science, trades and technology. On this page role models can find out more information about gender equality and about programs that Hypatia supports.
- Award for Science Promotion honours individuals and groups who make an outstanding contribution to the promotion of science in Canada through activities encouraging popular interest in science or developing science abilities.
- The Women Unlimited Society promotes the economic well being of women in Nova Scotia. This program shows how women can prosper in their field. It is an outreach programs were all ages of women can get involved and learn more.
- WEPAN (Women in Engineering Proactive Network) is a site where professionals can collect, organize, describe, and make accessible a range of resources related to women in STEM. Visitors to the webpage can also find reports about engineers and what the organization is doing to support engineers newly in the field.
- Digital NS is a website dedicated to the information, communication and digital technologies industry in Nova Scotia.
- Girls RISEnet provides resources to strengthen the professional capacity of informal science educators to engage and motivate minority girls in grades 6-12 to explore and pursue science and engineering careers.
- On the Level - Women Working in Trades and Technology: An Employer's Guide to Creating Respectful Workplaces.
- Keep up to date on articles about women in STEM.
- Having trouble understanding diversity in the workplace? These helpful infographics are just what you need, whether you are a manager, part of a hiring committee or a mentor!
- With its Gender Action Portal, the Women and Public Policy Program at Harvard Kennedy School provides scientific evidence—based on experiments in the field and in the laboratory—on the impact of policies, strategies and organizational practices aimed at closing gender gaps in the areas of economic opportunity, politics, health, and education to help translate research into action and take successful interventions to scale.